Exceptional value appreciation
Exploit emerging opportunities in transforming markets by developing new properties and acquiring existing rental housing that is too difficult or complex for other institutional investors to manage.
- Location with severe supply/demand imbalance
- Market and/or price dislocation
- Distressed seller in need of liquidity
- Complex repositioning or redevelopment
- Ground-up development at an attractive basis
Strong value appreciation and cash flow
Acquire capital-deprived apartment communities in rapidly expanding primary and secondary markets where significant rental rate increases are achievable by renovating unit interiors and common amenities.
- Low cost basis relative to new construction
- Discounted rents compared to luxury housing
- Highly visible and proximate to retail amenities and employers
- Well-built low-density garden style or mid-rise
Durable cash flow and capital preservation
Acquire existing apartments in primary and diverse secondary markets where access to transportation, stable jobs, and institutions offers professional workers a compelling value proposition vs. home ownership.
- Irreplaceable location
- Stable renter demographic
- Proven recession-resistant
- High barriers to home ownership
- High quality construction